The choice is up to you
Funerals are a celebration of life and they should be reflective of the life of the deceased. A quiet, somber individual would wish for a quiet funeral, with little pomp. Whereas a flamboyant individual would maybe prefer a larger service with the added ceremony. Often, people lay out their wishes in their wills, stating hymns they would like to be sung, or certain readings. Where people have stipulated their wishes, it is easier for the family to make the decisions. Where there is no mention of wishes, at NC Funeral Directors we can help by offering you a range of different options for you to remember your loved one.
- The most simplest funeral we offer is our direct cremation. This private and discreet service is a choice for many. Our direct cremation service includes a coffin, all funeral director fees for our service both before and on the day, including full uniform for the service itself. All the associated cremation fees are also included. For more information.
Simple Cremation Service
- For those who wish to attend but would like a simple service, our simple cremation service provides this. A quiet, peaceful service, the service includes an oak veneered coffin and a traditional black hearse. All the associated cremation fees and the funeral directors’ fees are included in the price. If you require any additions to this service, please discuss this with us, as we can adapt any of our services for you. For more information about the simple cremation service
- The most popular cremation service is our traditional cremation service. This allows a cremation service at a mutually convenient time, with a full traditional service. It includes a hearse and a family limousine, as well as all the cremation and funeral directors fees. Cremation is an increasingly popular choice, and our traditional cremation allows you to share this service with your friends and family. For more information about the traditional cremation.
- For those who wish to bury their loved ones, our traditional burial is the most popular service. The traditional burial includes a traditional service so that you can include others in this celebration of life. The traditional burial also includes the funeral procession, hearse, and family limousine as well as allowing you the choice of the cemetery and all the associated cemetery resident interment fees. We can advise on choosing a cemetery and how your place of residence may affect the cost. For more information on our traditional burial.
Horse Hearse Funeral
- This classic tradition of a horse-drawn hearse with coachmen dressed in traditional Victorian livery can be a special way to celebrate life. We have white or black horses to draw the colour-matched hearse, as well as different coloured ostrich plumes available. Our experienced coachmen work with our funeral directors to provide you with an elegant and memorable funeral procession. The horse hearse funeral includes the services of either the traditional burial or traditional cremation as required. For more information about the horse hearse funeral.
Veterans’ Funeral Services
- Veterans’ funeral services are to honour those who have served their country. For active service personnel funerals, we waive our professional fees out of respect for the bravery shown by those men and women. We also offer police and fire service funerals, which help to celebrate the deceased career in serving others. Our veterans’ funeral services include standard bearers, coffin flag, and the playing of the last post. We can help to make sure the details of your veterans’ funeral service are accurate. The veterans’ funeral service incorporates either the traditional burial or traditional cremation service, as per your wishes. Some organisations can help with the cost of a funeral for a war veteran or for those who died while on active service. We can help you with accessing this assistance. For more information about the veterans’ funeral service.
Medical Certificates fees for cremation if required are £82.
Funeral Celebrant/Officiant for Charge £199.
What to do next
We understand that the death of a loved one can be a difficult time. Making decisions during this period can be challenging. At NC Funeral Directors we are here to help you through this period of time. Please talk to us about your wishes, and if you are unsure which service would suit your family best we are always happy to advise. The choice is always yours, but it can useful to be able to discuss various options with an impartial person. We are experienced with dealing with family dynamics and can be on hand to ease your family through this demanding time. Our experienced and kind staff are on hand to discuss your requirements and wishes with you. Speak to NC Funeral Directors today, and let us help you celebrate the life of your loved one.