Direct Cremations Service
Here at NC Funeral Directors, we provide Direct Cremation Services across Lancashire, from our offices in Blackpool, Preston, Fleetwood and Cleveleys.
From the moment you get in touch, our professional, compassionate, and respectful team of funeral directors will go above and beyond to support you through this difficult time.
For us, it’s about ensuring that your loved one’s cremation is handled with care and dignity. We also provide compassionate & professional guidance and support throughout the entire process.
We provide personal, face-to-face guidance and advice throughout, ensuring that our services meet your needs.
What is a Direct Cremation?
Our direct cremation services do not include a traditional service, funeral procession or the attendance of family or mourners. Instead, a direct cremation is a simple and respectful cremation for those who wish, for whatever reason, not to have an open service for family and friends.
The coffin is led down the crematorium aisle just like a tradition cremation, and placed on the catafalque, by our uniformed staff. This service is carried out with the utmost respect and dignity.
Our Direct Cremation Service Includes:
- All Funeral Director’s fees and services
- Provision of all cremation service arrangements – we can either meet in any of our funeral homes or in your family home
- Cremation at Carleton Crematorium in Blackpool
- Funeral Director in attendance with staff at the cremation
- Private collection of your loved one from place of death 24 hours – Collection from the hospital/mortuary during normal working hours. Out of hours or private residence collection is an additional £150
- Personal care of your loved one until the day of the funeral
- An environmentally conscious coffin suitable for cremation
- Collection of ashes from the crematorium
- Cremation certificate
- All associated crematorium fees and charges
- Viewing of your loved one in our private chapel of repose Monday-Saturday 9am – 5pm – £100
- Blue Bell forest scatter pod for the ashes to be returned in – £30
- Solid Oak Casket for the Ashes to be returned in – £100
Although mourners are unable to attend the cremation you will also be informed of the date and time the cremation will take place to enable you to have your own private thoughts.
For more information about Direct Cremations, read our article titled What is a Direct Cremation.
Direct Cremation Service is £995
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about our direct cremation services, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team. We are always on hand to help.
We use the front entrance as we would in any other type of service and also play music on entrance into the Chapel and throughout the committal, you will also be informed of date and time of the funeral.
Call us on
01253 420 450 or 01772 876 878.
We’re here when you need us.